Several resources are available to determine your eligibility.
From the CMS website
Clinicians who aren't included in MIPS
If you're exempt from MIPS in 2017, you won't need to do anything else for MIPS this year. For 2017 (Performance Year 1), these clinicians will be exempt from MIPS:
- Clinicians who enroll in Medicare for the first time in 2017
- Clinicians who participate in an Advanced APM and are either a Qualifying APM Participant (QP) or Partial QP
- Clinicians who bill Medicare for $30,000 or less
- Clinicians who have provided care for 100 Medicare patients or fewer
- Clinicians who are not in a MIPS-eligible specialty
For complete and the most current information go to the CMS website.
You can put in your NPI to determine eligibility here: https://qpp.cms.gov/learn/eligibility
More information is available here: https://qpp.cms.gov/learn/about-eligibility
And you can always contact the CMS helpdesk here QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
In all cases Clinigence recommends that you save screen shots and emails as proof/confirmation in case there is a problem in the future.