CMS Measure ID:
Percentage of adults 50-75 years of age who had appropriate screening for colorectal cancer
Initial Patient Population:
Patients 50-75 years of age with a visit during the measurement period
Equals Initial Population
Patients with a diagnosis or past history of total colectomy or colorectal cancer.
Exclude patients whose hospice care overlaps the measurement period.
Patients with one or more screenings for colorectal cancer. Appropriate screenings are defined by any one of the following criteria:
- Fecal occult blood test (FOBT) during the measurement period
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy during the measurement period or the four years prior to the measurement period
- Colonoscopy during the measurement period or the nine years prior to the measurement period
- FIT-DNA during the measurement period or the two years prior to the measurement period
- CT Colonography during the measurement period or the four years prior to the measurement period
Colorectal Cancer Screening Print
Modified on: Mon, 8 Apr, 2019 at 12:59 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.