Percentage of patients aged 12 years and older screened for depression on the date of the visit using an age-appropriate standardized depression screening tool and if positive, a follow-up plan is documented on the date of the positive screen.
Denominator (Universe) (Columns A and B)
- Patients aged 12 years and older with at least one medical visit during the measurement period
Note: For 2018 program year, include patients who were born on or before December 31, 2005
Numerator (Column C)
- Patients who:
- Were screened for depression on the date of the visit using an age-appropriate standardized tool and,
- If screened positive for depression, a follow-up plan is documented on the date of the positive screen
Note: Include in the numerator, patients with a negative screening and those with a positive screening who had a follow-up plan documented.
- Patients with an active diagnosis for depression or a diagnosis of bipolar disorder
- Who refuse to participate
- Who are in urgent or emergent situations where time is of the essence and to delay treatment would jeopardize the patient’s health status
- Whose functional capacity or motivation to improve may impact the accuracy of results of standardized assessment tools