Asthma - Flu Vaccine, 2019
Modified on: Tue, 18 Aug, 2020 at 12:07 PM
This measure is for use in the 2019 scorecard. It has been replaced for 2020 with the Persistent Asthma - Asthma Controller Medication measure.
|Denominator||Persistent Asthma patients that meet one of the following during both the measurement year and the year prior:|
- 1 ED visit with primary diagnosis of asthma
- 1 acute inpatient encounter with primary diagnosis of asthma
- 4 outpatient encounters with primary diagnosis of asthma and at least two asthma medication dispensing events during the year, OR
- at least 4 medication dispensing events during the year
NOTE: This is the HEDIS 2019 definition of persistent asthma and the exclusion for all the Asthma measures
|Numerator||Received an influenza immunization OR who reported previous receipt of an influenza immunization|
between August 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019. (MSSP 2019)
- Documentation of medical reason(s) for not receiving influenza immunization (eg, patient allergy, other medical reasons)
- Documentation of patient reason(s) for not receiving influenza immunization (eg, patient declined, other patient reasons)
- Documentation of system reason(s) for not receiving influenza immunization (eg, vaccine not available, other system reasons)
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.